*Jill Scott recently announced that she has signed a new distribution deal with Warner Bros. Records and is proud of it. She expressed that this new move will bolster her career to the next level.
And speaking of the next level, she’s getting ready to release her fourth studio album, “The Light of the Sun.”
“I’ve always looked to empower my fans through my message of love, independence and strength,” comments Jill. “A lot has gone on in my life since my last album, so I’m extremely excited to share the new music with all of the people that have supported me these past ten plus years. This album is very revealing, and I can’t wait for everyone to hear it.”
Those who had the chance to experience her short-lived tour with Maxwell had the chance to encounter some of her fresh new sounds.
Also, look out for her alongside Kanye West and Mary J. Blige at the Essence Music Festival July 4th weekend.
Me & Jill Scott backstage after her concert in Dallas, TX.
Shay Moore is a radio personality, blogger, community activist, voice-over actress and writer. Follow Shay on Twitter @shaymooreonair. Check out her site www.lipglossbosses.comRead Also
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience