Former talk show host Montel Williams, a longtime supporter of medical marijuana use, has opened a pharmacy in California to dispense the drug for pain relief and medicinal purposes.
Medicinal marijuana is legal in California, and Williams, who suffers from multiple sclerosis, has now launched the Albatin Wellness Cooperative in Sacramento to provide patients with access to the drug.
The process is strictly regulated and Williams hopes the new center will help lower the stigma of medical marijuana use.
“We’ve been caught up in culture surrounding medical marijuana that’s 20 years old,” he tells The Sacramento Bee. “While adhering to every single state law, we want to provide safe access for patients and really medicalize this. Patients should be put first… I want this to be someplace your mother and father could see themselves walk into.”
Shay Moore is a radio personality, blogger, community activist, voice-over actress and writer. Follow Shay on Twitter @shaymooreonair. Check out her site www.lipglossbosses.comRead Also
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience