Kim Kardashian is an “internationally known celebrity, model, television personality, actress, entrepreneur and pop culture icon.”
Really, that’s what court documents say in the federal lawsuit she filed Wednesday against Old Navy and its parent company, Gap.
Kardashian is looking to recover $15 million to $20 million in compensatory and punitive damages from the retail chain for its unauthorized use of her “name, likeness, identity and persona” in Old Navy’s Super C-U-T-E ad campaign, which launched in February, TMZ.com reports
The “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” star says Old Navy intentionally cast a Kardashian look-alike (Canadian-born Melissa Molinaro, an actress and singer who lived in Rochester Hills during her teens) so the public would think Kardashian was affiliated with company.
There’s an odd twist to the story: Molinaro has been romantically linked to Kardashian’s ex, New Orleans Saints player Reggie Bush. Molinaro’s rep didn’t respond Wednesday to interview requests from Names & Faces.
However, Molinaro did sound off about the suit on Twitter: “We’re still talking about this?! Its JULY this aired in February … some people have too much time on there hands.”
On the left is the Real Kim Kardashian. On the right is Mellisa Molinaro. Do you think they resemble? Leave your comments below.
Shay Moore is a radio personality, blogger, community activist, voice-over actress and writer. Follow Shay on Twitter @shaymooreonair. Check out her site www.lipglossbosses.comRead Also
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience