The Lionsgate movie is about an accountant and his Ivy League educated wife — a marriage counselor who is great at dispensing advice, but makes some seriously bad mistakes in her own marriage.
Kardashian will play the counselor’s friend and co-worker, Ava, who — in excellent Kardashian style — helps the counselor cope with life and get a makeover. Jurnee Smollett plays Judith, the counselor.
Perry wrote the screenplay and the stage play the film is based on. He’s also writing and directing. “The Marriage Counselor” starts shooting in Atlanta next week.
Perry, perhaps best known for his “Madea” movies, recently finished shooting Summit’s “I, Alex Cross,” a thriller based on James Patterson’s novels. He has the title role in that movie.
Kardashian, who is 31, married NBA star Kris Humphries on Aug. 20. Her wedding — like much of the “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star’s life — was televised.
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience