In this world of “Real Housewife” and “Basketball Wives” franchises, where most of the cast is not actually married, this story gives all the drama if not more than the television versions. TMZ is reporting that Allen Iverson’s divorce from estranged wife Tawanna Iverson.
According to Tawanna, the former NBA star went on a massive spending spree after she filed for divorce, leaving her completely penniless. According to documents filed by Iverson’s ex claims that since she filed for divorce in June, Allen stopped depositing money in their joint bank account and then made several large cash withdrawals, including one for $20,000, which he spent on diamond jewelry.
Tawanna claims the account was $23,000 in the red at the time she filed the court docs and she’s been unable to pay the bills or provide for their 5 children.
According to Tawanna, who says she gave up her career to be a stay-at-home mom, Allen is worth over $20 million, but refuses to help her out simply out of spite.
Allen denies Tawanna’s allegations in the docs. So far, no hearing date has been set.
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience