MC Hammer, who recently performed at KBLX’s Stone Soul Picninc 2 here in the Bay area is facing legal action from Uncle Sam after failing to pay back taxes from 1996 and 1997, according to reports from TMZ.
The rapper, whose government name is Stanley Burrell, famously filed for bankruptcy in 1996 after finding himself in $13 million in debt.
He has since overcome his money problems, but tax officials have filed suit against Hammer and his wife demanding all of his concert fees be sent directly to them to pay off the $779,585 he still owes, according to TMZ.
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience