The Bob Marley documentary “Marley,” a production of Shangri-La Entertainment/Tuff Gong Pictures, will premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival this weekend.
The film is scheduled for theatrical release in North America and the UK on April 20, then will roll out worldwide throughout the summer to coincide with the 50th anniversary year of Jamaican Independence, according to Deadline.com.
Director Kevin Macdonald, Bob Marley’s son Rohan Marley and longtime collaborator Neville Garrick will be in Berlin to present the documentary on Feb. 12.
Filming took place in Ghana, Japan and the UK as well as in Jamaica and the U.S. It’s the first time Marley’s family has authorized use of their private archives.Read Also
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience