The Hunger Games has been come of the biggest movies of the year, earning an historic $152 million in its opening weekend, unfortunately this milestone is being marred by tweets from some racists.
In the film Amandla Stenberg and Dayo Okeniyi, who happened to be black landed the roles of Rue and Thresh, respectively.
So what’s the big deal? Well, even though both Rue and Thresh are described as having “dark brown skin” in the book, some bigoted fans, oddly enough, object that both Stenberg and Okeniyi are black.
“Why does rue have to be black not gonna lie kinda ruined the movie,” complained a fan via Twitter
Added another: “Why did the producer make all the good characters black?”
“Why is Rue a little black girl? Stick to the book, dude,” intoned another.
Another even admitted he was “racist” when he learned of tragic Rue’s racial identity.
“I’m still pissed that Rue is black,” wrote another.
“Ewwww rue is black?? I’m not watching,” another person wrote.
Are you shocked by these statements?Read Also
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience