None will too easily forget the tragic killing of Oscar Grant III three years ago by an overzealous BART police officer. Grant was a 22-year old father when he died, seven hours after he was shot in the back by Johannes Mehserle as he lay on the ground and another officer had a knee on his neck.
The outrage of the entire Bay Area community was palpable, as citizens protested much like how people have rallied to protest the killing of 17-year old Trayvon Martin, who was also unarmed when he was gunned down in Florida.
Renown actor/producer and director Forest Whitaker has taken the charge of bringing the tragic story of Oscar Grant to the big screen. Whitaker plans to tell the story of Grant’s last hours before the killing.Read Also
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience