A few months ago, I reported a story about actress Meagan Good and her decision to be celibate until she marries. Well, we she won’t have to wait too much longer and we have found out why she had decided to keep it under wraps until she got a ring.
TMZ is reporting that the Californication star is now engaged to her preacherman boyfriend Devon Franklin. Meagan’s rep confirmed with TMZ that 30-year-old Good recently got engaged to DeVon Franklin — an exec at Sony Pictures Entertainment who leads a double life as a 7th Day Adventist preacher.
A little rundown on your typical 7th Day Adventist — he takes the Bible pretty literally, practices Sabbath on Saturday, doesn’t eat pork, and frowns upon alcohol … not that there’s anything wrong with that. According to Meagan’s rep, the preacher proposed last month in L.A, but the couple has known each other for years.
They began dating just after production wrapped on Tyler Perry’s “Jumping the Broom” … which Meagan starred in, and DeVon produced. No date yet for the wedding … but an open bar is probably out.Read Also
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience