My friend Shawana was very excited about seeing Steve Harvey’s new movie “Think Like a Man”, I must admit me not so much. After a lunch at P.F. Chang’s we went to the cinema to watch the much ballyhooed ensemble cast comedy. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at how funny the movie was.
My friend and I helped make “Think Like A Man” the number 1 movie at the box office scoring one of the best openings in recent memory for an African-American themed film” in debuting at $33 million.
Review from the Hollywood Insider:
“Think Like a Man” — adapted from Steve Harvey’s best-selling advice book “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man” — gets bragging rights to being the film to topple Liongate’s blockbuster The Hunger Games, which has now grossed $357 million domestically.
The film, whose cast includes Michael Ealy, Taraji P. Henson, Meagan Good, Regina Hall and Kevin Hart, is about four men whose love lives are disrupted when their partners begin using advice from Harvey’s book and received an A CinemaScore.
Think Like a Man, made for a modest $12 million to $13 million, follows the success of Screen Gems’ The Vow and Underworld Awakening earlier this year.
In terms of African-American themed films, Think Like a Man exceeded many of Tyler Perry’s recent films. Perry’s Good Deeds debuted to $15.6 million earlier this year, while last year’s Madea’s Big Happy Family opened to $25.1 million last year.
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience