Jada Pinkett Smith is offering up her significant celebrity to call attention to the issue of human trafficking.
USA Today reports that Jada’s daughter Willow was so moved by the Kony 2012 video that she urged her mother to get involved. Jada along with Will Smith visited the State Department for the release of Hillary Clinton’s 2012 Trafficking in Person Report. “I was actually really quite ashamed that I didn’t know about this particular situation in our country,” said Jada. “Because when you think about human trafficking, you think about it ‘over there.’ Wherever ‘there’ is.”
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience