After an exhibition basketball game that took place in the Philippines, former NBA player Dennis Rodman got the chance to meet his estranged father after 42 years of separation. Rodman’s dad, Philander Rodman Jr., said he tried to reconcile with Dennis at a previous game in 2006 but never got the chance. Philander, who is reported to have fathered 29 children by 16 women, says he was excited when Dennis agreed to meet up with him.
“It was great. I’ve been trying to meet him for years. And then last night, boom, I met him. I was really, really happy and very surprised. I really, really felt good. It’s the beginning of something new.”
Dennis received his father’s phone number and promised to call him some time. He stated that six years ago, he didn’t want to speak to his dad but was encouraged to give it another try. He then invited his dad to the basketball game on Wednesday.
“I don’t hate the guy that brought me into this world,” Dennis Rodman told reporters. “The fact is, if I saw him, I’ll just tell him, ‘You know, you’re a friend of mine.’”
Towards the end of the game, Dennis got hold of a microphone and announced to the crowd that his father was in attendance. His father responded by saying “Yes, Dennis Rodman is my son.”Read Also
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience