Fox has confirmed that Mariah Carey will be joining “American Idol” as a judge season 12.
Carey is a major A-list player who was considered for “X Factor” last season. She effectively replaces Jennifer Lopez.
News reports in EW.com say she will be paid anywhere from $12 million to $17 million for the gig.
She is one of the biggest female artists of the past two decades, with a bulk of her hits coming in the 1990s, including “Vision of Love,” “Dreamlover” and “Always Be My Baby.” She recently had twins with her husband Nick Cannon.
There are still two other openings on the judges’ panel since Steven Tyler has left and Jackson’s status is up in the air.
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience