The always working Jennifer Hudson is set join Jeffrey Wright, Anthony Mackie and Jordin Sparks in the upcoming film “The Inevitable Defeat of Mister And Pete.”
The Alicia Keys produced and George Tillman Jr directed drama, according to Deadline, will tell the story of two inner-city kids who are forced to care for themselves after their mothers are taken away by authorities.
Hudson’s involvement in the film comes on the heels of her announcement of her role as a Broadway star in the upcoming season of the TV musical-drama series, “Smash.”
“It’s just the perfect opportunity,” the actress-singer told the Associated Press. “It’s gonna be challenging, and I’m a little bit intimidated to play this big Broadway star, but it’s gonna be a great experience. I can’t wait to get started.”
Production for “The Inevitable Defeat of Mister And Pete” began this week in BrooklynRead Also
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience