It appears that Wendy Williams and Star Jones are getting into business together. Months ago, Star Jones announced on Wendy’s show that her novel, Satan’s Sisters, would be making its way to VH1 through backdoor pilot (made-for-TV film that could turn into a possible series). And only a few weeks ago did Wendy, “Queen of All Media,” announce her deal to partner with Suzanne de Passe on producing projects for television and film.
Guess what the first project will be under that deal?
Gossip diva Wendy Williams is teaming up with legendary music and film executive Suzanne de Passe for a major venture that’ll produce films for both TV and the movie screen—kicking off with a television adaptation of a Star Jones novel about the cut-throat world of daytime TV.
The partnership aims to tap into the diverse audience Williams has amassed with her hugely successful daytime TV gabfest, The Wendy Williams Show, on which she features provocative interviews with a diverse mix of interviews with A-list celebrity guests from television, film, music and sports. Movies Williams produces with de Passe will be presented under a new “Wendy Williams Presents” banner.
“Wendy’s popularity and brand is evidenced by her success in daytime television,” said de Passe, who, along with partner Madison Jones, produces films under her de Passe Jones Entertainment. “We are looking forward to expanding her brand and audience in all areas of filmed and scripted entertainment.”
Congrats to all!!!
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience