Robin Roberts has become the captain of the morning television show “Good Morning America” over the years and her presence will definitely be missed as she is stepping down for a while because of a medical condition.
Roberts, is battling the rare bone marrow disorder MDS, and began her leave on Thursday. The show devoted its second hour to her, and during that time, announced some of the people who would take over from Roberts during her absence. It’s not clear how long she will be gone, though her treatment will probably go into several months.
ABC News is drawing from its extensive stable for some of its guest hosts. Diane Sawyer, Amy Robach, Elisabeth Vargas, Katie Couric and Barbara Walters will all do stints. The biggest name thus far though is Lady “O”, Oprah Winfrey, what makes this even more interesting is the fact that she will be competing against her best friend, Gayle King, who is a co-host on “CBS This Morning.”
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience