Singer Patti LaBelle has agreed to pay $100,000 to a Manhattan woman who claims the diva cursed her out and threw water at her and her 18-month-old daughter during a scuffle over parenting in an apartment building lobby.
According to the lawsuit filed by Roseanna Monk and her husband Kevin, LaBelle chastised Roseanna, threw a bottle of water and launched into an obscenity-filled tirade during the Nov. 11, 2010 argument.
The Monks live in a Manhattan building where the Grammy Award winner was staying while starring in the Broadway musical “Fela!”
The couple’s lawyer, Sam Davis, tells the New York Post that LaBelle settled the case even before being deposed. The Monks said they will donate the money to a children’s cancer charity.Read Also
- Solange Breaks Away From Carol's Daughter, Says "Hair is a Personal Choice"
- Alicia Keys Making the Rounds, Watch Her Perform New Song "Not Even A King" at Cancer Benefit
- Gabrielle Union Covers Ebony, Pens Letter To Her Younger Self
- Anita Baker Opens Up About New Album & Her Fave Current Artist, It May Surprise You
- Video: Chris Brown & Rihanna Share a Kiss In Front of VMA Audience